Sunday, June 1, 2008

Inside Out Sausage Pie



When I went to Woodstock a couple of weeks ago. I got meat at Rudy's, the meat here is great. We have tried other places for meat..but they are the best so far. Anyway, I bought their farmers sausage (plain). Frying the sausage in small pieces until crispy on the edges and serve with corn relish....is so good. If you have been reading my blog you likely realize I do not cook much anymore, Dan does the day to day cooking. However, if there is something I am really wanting to eat from the past, I will make it. For a few months I have been wanting to make this pie. Serve it with a salad and it is a nice dinner.

Inside Out Sausage Pie

Ingredients:

I forgot the red peppers in the photo.

1 lb. pork sausage meat, take out the meat from the skin
20 soda crackers, crushed finely
1/2 cup diced red pepper
1/4 cup diced onion
1 100z. can tomato soup
2 to 3 cups cooked rice
1 cup grated cheese

Directions:

Brown sausage in fry pan, drain off any fat the accumulates.

When the meat is nicely browned add the peppers and onions and saute until veggies are tender.



Add crackers and 1/2 the can of tomato soup, mix well.


Take this mixture and pat into pie pan of your choice.




In medium bowl, combine rice the other 1/2 can of tomato soup and cheese.


Mix well, then add this to the meat mixture.


Bake 350F for 35 to 40 minutes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails