Monday, September 1, 2008

Pancakes with Bluberry Sauce

I made these last weekend, when my camera was in Nova Scotia with my daughter. So there is no picture of what I made. However, there is one on the food network page. In watching Ricardo make these I thought I would give them a try. The recipe can be found here. I did find this batter to be very thick, so they took longer to cook. The pancake was good when first made, though I left some in the oven to keep warm for Dan and they we not as good then. The blueberry sauce was really good. I would make it again for my pancakes as well as a sauce for ice cream.

Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce

Pancake Ingredients:

1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
3 eggs, separated
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp unsalted butter

Directions:


1. In a bowl, mix the flour and baking powder.

2. In another bowl, mix the egg yolks, buttermilk, maple syrup and vanilla for one minute with a beater. Add the dry ingredients and beat until the mixture is well mixed.

3. In another bowl, beat the egg whites until the formation of soft peaks. Use a spatula to fold the egg whites into the batter.

4. Heat a non-adhesive skillet on medium heat. Brush with butter. Pour 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake. Spread the batter in the shape of a disk of about 6 inches. Cook each side for 1 to 2 minutes or until they are nicely browned. Set aside in a warm oven.

Blueberry Sauce

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1/4 cup Ameratto
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp lemon juice

Directions:

1. In a pot, mix all the ingredients.
2. Bring to a boil and simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes.
3. Let cool to a lukewarm temperature.













2 comments:

Rosanne said...

Yum, that sacue has to be good with amaretto in it!

Jannett said...

rosanne....it was really good sauce...it would be good on many things...

Thanks for the comment... :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails