Friday, September 19, 2008

Boiled Chocolate Cookies

Last night Daniel wanted something chocolate. This morning I thought about the boiled chocolate cookie. This recipe came from the Company's Coming Cookbook. I changed the recipe I added maraschino cherries and raisins. I really liked the added cherries and raisins. And I used half and half instead of milk, as the milk went bad.

Boiled Chocolate Cookies

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk(I used cream)
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
2 1/2 rolled oats (I used 2 cups)
1/4 cup maraschino cherries, cut in half
1/4 cup raisins

Directions:

Put butter, milk, sugar and cocoa in large saucepan. Bring to a boil stirring often. Boil for 5 minutes. I think I would only boil this for maybe 4 minutes.

Remove from heat. Stir in rolled oats, cherries and raisins. Drop by teaspoonful onto waxed paper. Makes about 4 dozen.


8 comments:

Rosemary said...

I love this recipe , have made these cookies before, how creative you are to add the raisins and cherries something I will be doing too.

Adam said...

Wow, really cool chocolate craving idea. Cravings can strike at any min, so it's a good thing you can get armed in 5 minutes :)

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

the cookies looks delicious and the cravings come in. the recipe is worth the try.

Jannett said...

rosemary...yes simple and good... is a good thing... :)

adam....time savers are always nice..when time is so short

anamika:the sugarcrafter....they are very tasty....

Thanks for the comments... :)

Anonymous said...

if you put 1/2 cup of cocanut instead of the raisins and cherries its amazing

Anonymous said...

these cookies are fkn amazing

Jannett said...

Anonymous....that would be really good as well...
Thanks for the comment. :)

Jannett said...

Anonymous.... I agree they are very good....easy and great chocolate taste...

Thanks for the comment... :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails