Monday, December 13, 2010

Blueberry, Caramel and White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies


On Picky Palate's blog I saw this cookie that uses blueberries and muffin top tin. I just had to give them a try. First I had to find the muffin top tins. Not an easy job. Finally I called a restaurant supply store and ordered them. The cookies are great. Loved the blueberries in them. I do not think I would put the caramels in them again though.

Blueberry, Caramel and White Chocolate Oatmeal

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 1/2 tbsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cups unbleached flour
2 1/2 cups large flake oatmeal
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 cups caramel, cut into pieces
1 1/2 cups dried blueberries, found at the Bulk Store
1 cup white chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Take your muffin top pan and butter them.
If using cookie sheets line with parchment paper.
Beat the butter and sugars until light and fluff in your mixer.
Beat in eggs one at a time and add vanilla.

In a large bowl combine flour, oatmeal, baking soda and salt whisk together.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined.
Add blueberries, white chocolate and caramels.
Mix until just combined.

Fill pan with dough and press down so it is just below the rim.
Bake for 11-14 minutes or until edges are just golden brown.
Bake 9 to 10 minutes if using baking sheets.
Cool on rack for about 5 minutes before removing from tin.


3 comments:

Rosemary said...

Jannett These look good. Was the caramel too much or just not fit the cookie ?

Jannett said...

Rosemary...I just did not like the caramel in the cookie...they went a little to chewy I think....

:)

Unknown said...

Ooh a muffin top pan. I've always wanted those, but no way I can get them here :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails