Saturday, June 20, 2009

Easy Sticky Toffee Pudding


I watched Negella and she made Sticky Toffee Pudding. It looked very easy to make so I went looking for a recipe and came across this on on Paris Pastry blog. We really enjoyed the pudding.
After a couple days the sauce does get absorbed into the cake so we added Devon Cream and it was very good with that as well. You could even make a caramel sauce to serve with it.

Easy Sticky Toffee Pudding

Cake Ingredients:

1/2 cup dark brown sugar( used brown sugar)
1 1/4 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup milk ( used 2%)
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 butter, melted
1 to 1 1/2 cups chopped dates

Sauce Ingredients:

1 cup dark brown sugar (used brown sugar)
2 tbsp cut up butter
2 cups boiling water

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375ยบ. Butter a casserole baking dish.

In medium bowl combine brown sugar and flour.

In a large measuring cup add milk add egg and beat to combine, add vanilla and melted butter. Take this mixture and pour over flour; stir this until combined.

Fold in the dates, then pour this mixture into baking dish.

Sprinkle the second cup of brown sugar onto the top of the cake. Take the butter and dot on top of the sugar.

Pour the boiling water over the top of the mixture.

Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.

I really like the pudding warm. Serve with Devon Cream, whipped cream, ice cream, your own caramel sauce.


15 comments:

Rosemary said...

Another great recipe, diet buster to be sure!

Paris Pastry said...

Glad you like it! I wasn't too fond of it myself, too much brown sugar for my liking.

Great blog!

Jannett said...

Rosemary....I really liked this recipe....it is like the pudding cakes you can make...very easy to prepare.

Paris Pastry....It could have been the dark brown sugar it is much stronger in taste than the lighter brown. Thanks for stopping by.

Thanks for the comment.

Katy ~ said...

I think this sounds delicious. I have dates looking for some lovin', and this could just be the ticket. Looks decadent.

Dan said...

This was a very good desert and had a very nice cake texture. It could use some adjustment on the sugar though.

Trish said...

Well...that DOES look gorgeous. My guys are always up for trying a pudding...something that is portable after the dinner table...grin! This looks fancy and delicious all at once. Thanks for stopping by my way....I am seeing from your blog that you are quite the cook in the kitchen. Can I add you to my bloglist?

Jannett said...

Katy...I am sure you will enjoy it. :)
Thanks for the comment


Dan....I will make it again for sure..and use a little less sugar. :)

Jannett said...

Trish....I hope you give the pudding a try....and you may add me if you wish to your list...Thanks for stopping by and for the comment... :)

Unknown said...

This looks delicious! My diet is cursing you :P

Jannett said...

Avanika....Thank you for the comment...and I am so sorry about the diet...:)

Anj said...

I have a co-worker who recently brought Sticky Toffee Pudding to work for a treat. I had to ask for the recipe as it was just delicious. Yours looks great also!

Jannett said...

Anj....Thank you for the comment. I really enjoyed this recipe. I had not had Sticky Toffee Pudding before....I will look for the recipe you received from your co-worker... :)

Talita said...

What a delicate presentation! Sounds delish this toffee pudding!

Jason Wong said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Jannett said...

Talita.... Thanks for the comment. It is a very nice easy dessert to make. Elegant enough for a dinner party or a week night dinner.

Jason Wong....You are most welcome. Thanks for stopping by mine as well.... :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails