Sunday, August 10, 2008

Nicole's Famous Crackers

I made these today. I found them on Our Sweet Life's blog. Well they are delicious, easy to prepare and you will not be able to eat just one.

Nicole's Famous Crackers

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
a package of saltine crackers
chocolate chips
any nuts chopped or crushed (I used slivered almonds)

Preheat the oven to 400. Get a cookie sheet out, cover with foil and lay crackers out all over the cookie sheet. Take the stick of butter and brown sugar and melt together in a small pot over medium heat don't stir until it is all melted!!, now wait for the sugar/butter to caramelize (you will notice big bubbles)- once that happens, remove the pan from the heat and use a spoon to drizzle the caramelly goodness all over the crackers. Then sprinkle the crushed nuts on top.
Bake for 5-7 minutes. Take the crackers out and IMMEDIATELY sprinkle the chocolate chips over them, then transfer off the cookie sheet to cool before the chocolate chips re-harden.

12 comments:

Adam said...

Great recipe. I thought they were graham crackers at first, but saltines? I actually like saltines more. I could make that for a party in a flash. Thanks!

Dan said...

I must say I was a bit hesitant about these at first, mainly because I don't like these crackers but they truly are amazing. The crackers go very crisp and flaky from the butter and what is better then salt, caramel & chocolate.

Rosemary said...

wow , what a great recipe , fast so easy and I bet delicious.

Jannett said...

Adam...yes you could they are quick to make up..and really good... :)

Jannett said...

Dan...it is not nice to doubt your mom.... :)

Jannett said...

rosemary...when I saw them on Our Sweet Life's blog a few months ago..I new I wanted to try them. :)

Clumbsy Cookie said...

They look so easy to make, and they're a fun snack!

Jannett said...

clumbsy cookie...you will love them.. :)

Anonymous said...

Interesting crackers! I might have to make a version of these. . . .

Jannett said...

sally parrott ashbrook...I will be interested to see how they turn out.. :)
Thanks for the comment

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

hi hendria
first time and simply loved it....nice blog and nice posts !

Jannett said...

anamkia:the sugar crafter...thanks for stopping by and for your lovely comment. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails