Monday, June 28, 2010

Carrot Radish and Cashew Salad with Curry Dressing


On Viva TV there are few cooking shows I try to catch from time to time. Simple Fresh Delicious is one of them. This will be the second recipe I have tried from her show. Beef Brussel Sprout Stir Fry was the first. Both are delicious. After making this dish I realized I forgot to add the green onions.

Carrot Radish and Cashew Salad with Curry Dressing

Ingredients:

3 medium carrots, peeled and trimmed
10 radishes, trimmed
1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced(forgot the green onions)
2/3 cups cashews, toasted
pinch salt and freshly ground pepper

Directions:

Curry Dressing:

1/3 cup peanut oil
2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh mint(did not use)
1 tsp. curry powder
1 garlic clove, minced
salt and freshly ground pepper

Place all ingredients in jar with a sealed lid and shake until well combined.

Carrots and Radishes

Place the carrots and radishes in a food processor with the grating disk.
Place vegetables in medium size bowl.
Pour dressing over and toss.
Add green onions.
Sprinkle cashews on top.


5 comments:

La Bella Cooks said...

The curry dressing sounds fantastic! I love the simplicity of this salad.

grace said...

talk about a crunchy, crisp, and refreshing salad! it's attractive and nutritious and nicely done. :)

Rosemary said...

This looks so good, will have to try to catch that TV show.

Jannett said...

Bridgett....I enjoyed this salad.... :)

grace....thank you, a great salad to take for lunch... :)

rosemary...I like the show...I am sure you would as well..

Thanks the comments :)

Katy ~ said...

I never would have thought of this combination in a hundred years, but it sounds good! I wouldn't have used the mint either, grins.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails