Saturday, February 2, 2008

Porketta


Dan made this a couple weeks ago. I had to wait for him to write out the recipe for it. This was very flavorful.

Ingredients:

  • 1 tbsp. each:
  • rosemary
  • fennel seed
  • oregano
  • lemon zest
  • onion powder
  • garlic powder
  • 2 tsp. course ground pepper
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. salt
  • 3 to 4 lbs. boneless pork roast

Put all the ingredients (except meat) in a food grinder or mortel and pestle. Take your mixture and rub all over the meat. Place in frig for 4 to 24 hours. The long the better as it heightens the flavor the longer you leave it.

Preheat oven to 375F and roast uncovered for 20 minutes. Then reduce to 325F and roast for 40 to 60 minutes or until internal temperature is 160F. Allow roast to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.

5 comments:

Rosemary said...

love the recipe , fennel would add a nice flavour , will try this too.

Jannett said...

r...hope you enjoy it.

Terri said...

this looks great....on my list for next weekend!!!

Emily said...

I've never had porketta, but I think I would like it.
It has fennel, which I love.

Jannett said...

Terri c....hope you liked it.

emiline...it was very tasty..I have to say. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails