Friday, February 1, 2008

Oatmeal Muffins


When I had my appendix out in junior high one of the lunches they served these amazing oatmeal muffins in the hospital, when the food was good. A lady I worked with brought in a cookbook and this recipe came the closest to those. I made these on the weekend. They were a little flat in taste I thought so I add a maple icing. Maybe if you added more spices and thinly sliced apples. That will be the next thing I try.


Preheat oven to 400F.
Grease 12 medium-sized muffin cups



Ingredients:
1 cup flour (unbleached)
3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg

Stir in:
3/4 cup rolled oats (large flake oats)
1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar

Beat together:
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil or melted shortening

Add liquid to dry ingredients and stir only until combined. (Batter will be lumpy). Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

another yummy looking recipe!

Jannett said...

r.....thanks for the comment.. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails