Sunday, April 20, 2008

Peanut Butter Icecream Pie

Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie


This Peanut Butter Ice cream Pie is sooo good. I have had this recipe for a number of years. Usually made it for family dinners and summer get togethers. One of my co-workers had a get together so I decided to make this to take there. Everyone said they really like it.

2 cups of crushed graham crackers
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter

Mix in small bowl graham crackers and sugar. Then add melted butter and blend until just holds together.


Take mixture and press into 9 X 13" pan.


Once pressed into pan place in freezer to set while making the ice cream mixture.


Use your favorite ice cream and let is soften so you can fold easily.


1 container of vanilla ice cream, softened
1 large container cool whip, unthawed
4 crispy crunch bars
1 cup peanut butter


Take 3 of the chocolate bars and chop them into small pieces. Measure out 1 cup peanut butter and set aside.
When ice cream is softened enough, place in large bowl and fold in peanut butter. Do not over mix you want little pockets of peanut butter to be present. Then fold in cool whip again gently. Then add the crispy crunch bars.

I decided to add another element to this dessert and made a fudge chocolate layer on the graham cracker mixture.
1 package of semi-sweet chocolate pieces
2 tsp. butter
1/4 cup cream

Heat milk and butter on low heat until just about to boil. Remove from heat add chocolate pieces and mix until melted. Return to very low heat and mix until reduces a bit. Take this mixture and pour onto chilled graham cracker crust. And return to freezer.

Keep 1/4 cup of chocolate for the top of the pie. You may need to add a bit more cream to make it thinner to drizzle over the top of the pie.


This only takes maybe 15 minutes to set. Take out and pour ice cream layer on top of this chocolate layer. Take the last crispy crunch bar and chop it up in small pieces and add to top of Ice cream and then drizzle chocolate over this. You may have to add a bit more cream to thin the chocolate and heat it up a bit as well.

15 comments:

Rosanne said...

Oh, yum! I will be trying this recipe!

Kelli said...

this is MY kind of dessert. I am going to make this one for sure! thanks

Jannett said...

rosanne....it is so good.. I hope you enjoy it. :)

kelli.... Let me know how you like it.... :)

Thanks for the comments

Rosemary said...

oh my this is decadent my mouth is watering , looks so good.

Jannett said...

r....thanks ....for the comment :)

Gigi said...

Holy cow does this look good! A perfect dessert for barbecue party.

Jannett said...

gigi...it would be perfect for bbq....
thanks for the comment :)

Faery said...

WoW this looks sooo delicious I bet it is I will definetely try this recipe.Thanks for dropping by my blog, I'll drop by yours everyday, you make the kind of dessert I like :)

Jannett said...

Faery....Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy the dessert... :)

Anonymous said...

hallo....
thank you for visiting my blog.....hihihi i love the cookies it was mist in the inside and crunchy on the outside......but please use chocolate chip not normal melting chocolate.....so when it is bake you still can taste the chruchy chocolate :p

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite Mom everyone would love to try this mmmmmm so good :)

Jannett said...

Michelle...thanks for your comment...you will have to make it next weekend... for me.... love ya...:)

Jannett said...

Little cheffo...thanks for stopping by...I will take note of the info on the cookie... :)

Anonymous said...

It looks like a Jackson Pollock. A delicious, peanut-y Jackson Pollock.

Jannett said...

tim...thanks for stopping by, well I had to look up what jackson pollock was .... :) and I guess it does look like his work. hmmmm maybe I should change careers... LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails