Saturday, August 25, 2007

Sweet & Sour Pork Chops




I had to work over-time today. My son needed to go back to Home Depot for caulking and wood filler for the dining room redo. We bought a Pee Gee Hydrangea for the front garden. We came home and had to go to Wal-mart for a blind which they did not have, so back to home depot for the blind. Back home and he started working on the room. I decided to make dinner. I felt like Sweet and Sour Pork Chops with oven roasted potatoes with the Sweet & Sour Sauce over them too.

Sweet & Sour Pork Chops

Ingredients

3/4 cup ketchup
3/4 cup water
2 tbsp. vinegar
2 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. paprika



Add all ingredients to a saucepan. Mix well, and boil to reduce until the mixture is thickened about 1/2 the volume.

Bake pork chops at 350° for about 25 minutes. Add sauce to first side of chops and return to oven for another 5 minutes. Take out and turn chops over and add more sauce. Return to oven for another 5 minutes.

2 comments:

Peabody said...

I make an even simplier one that just involves a pork chop, slice of onion placed on top. A slice of lemon placed on top of the onion. A mound of brown sugar(about 3 TBSP) on top of that. And the put ketchup over the top of those three things. It sounds gross but it makes a sweet and sour sauce flavor. I serve it with fried rice and I love it.

Jannett said...

Good morning Peabody

That sounds good I will have to give that a try. Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails