Sunday, August 5, 2007

Brownie Babe Of The Month

After making the Black Forrest Brownies on the last Brownie Babe of the Month. I was trying to think when I made brownies before. It had to be more than 15 years ago. They were a buttermilk brownie. I will have to find that recipe and try it again. Anyway, back to the recipe for the Brownie Babe of the Month at Once upon a tart. I took out a few cookbooks from the library. Let me see .......... 10 I see here on my desk. I found a couple brownie recipes I want to try one is Coconut - Cluster Brownies with Gnash from Brownies to die for by Bev Shaffer.

After making these brownies I felt something was missing from them. I had some gnash left over from the Potato Chip Cookies. I decided to put some of the gnash on the brownie and THAT was what they were missing!!



Coconut-Cluster Brownies With or Without Gnash

Brownies Base:
2 Cups granulated sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
4 large eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/2 cups unbleached, all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted

Coconut-cluster topping:
2 cups sweetened toasted coconut
1 cup half and half
1/4 cup superfine sugar

Gnash
butter
cream
semi-sweet and/or milk chocolate

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 15x10x1" baking pan.

for Brownie base:
In medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs, blending well.

Add flour and cocoa; mix well. Spread this mixture into prepared pan.

For Coconut-cluster topping:
Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Spread over batter. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or unti cake tester comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. (The topping should be golden). Cool pan completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes about 3 1/2 dozen.

Gnash Topping
In small saucepan melt butter and cream, when heat add chocolate remove from heat and stir until chocolate melted. Let cool. Add Gnash on top of coconut mixture.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails