Monday, August 30, 2010

Puppy Chow


This recipe came from the Burlington Welsh Male Chorus cookbook. The name alone was so interesting I just had to try it. It is a wonderful snack. I made 1/2 the recipe which Dan ate before I could take a photo. So another batch was made today and I took the photo right then.

Puppy Chow

Ingredients:

1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter
8 - 9 cups Crispex cereal
2 cups icing sugar

Directions:

In medium sized bowl over simmering water.
Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter, until smooth.
In a large bowl add Crispex Cereal.
Pour melted chocolate mixture over cereal.
Toss lightly to coat cereal.
In a paper bag add icing sugar and put cereal mixture in, and shake to coat. (I tried this and decided to just add the icing sugar to the bowl of cereal mixture and toss lightly. It seemed to work fine. Found the bag a bit messy.)
Store in air tight container.

5 comments:

Rosemary said...

My daughter Rosanne and granddaughter Brittany make this treat every Xmas. I can certainly attest . So Good!

Chef Bee said...

We call this garbage crunch. I have no idea where the name came from but everytime I make it there isn't any left. thanks

Plan B

Jannett said...

Thanks for the comments...No matter what this is called...it is sooo good... :) for any occasion.

Savannah, Acts of Sweetness Ambassador said...

This sounds like a great munchie mix! We'd love it if you shared this recipe with our baking community on the Redpath Sugar facebook site. I'm sure that people will be inspired by this recipe!

http://www.facebook.com/redpathsugar?ref=ts

Thanks for posting this!

Casey said...

Definitely trying this out for Christmas.
Glad I came across your blog. Gotta love Google!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails