Monday, June 23, 2008

Quick Rum and Raisin Ice Cream

This is another recipe from Ruth Fremes "What's Cooking" She was on ctv in the late 70's to 80's. I watched her all the time, I believe I learned alot from her. This recipe is very good, something you can whip up in a hurry.

Quick Rum and Raisin Ice Cream

Serves 2

Ingredients:

3 Tbsp. dark rum
1/4 cup raisins
1 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
Vanilla Ice Cream

Directions:

Soak raisins in the rum for 1/2 to 1 hour. Combine all ingredients except ice cream and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved and the sauce is hot. Serve over vanilla ice cream.

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

Oh my how decadent! Love it

Jannett said...

It is so easy and so good...:)

Anonymous said...

I like the sound and look of this. I shall mark this on my to do list.

Jannett said...

sorina....You will enjoy it...quick and easy and tastes great... :)
Let me know if you do like it...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails