Friday, July 27, 2007

Crab Salad (Neptune Salad)



Have you bought the neptune salad at the grocery store. Well, it is quite expensive. My son has created his own. It tastes, I would have to say better than the store.

Ingredients
1 package imitation crab meat ( you find it buy the fish department of the grocery store)
1/2 cup Celery, Chopped (2 ribs)
1/2 small Red onion, diced
1/2 lemon juiced
2 pinches dill
2 pinches parsley
2 big spoonfuls of mayonnaise (Helmans)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Brake up crab meat into a bowl to store in. Add remaining ingredients mix and let set in frig a few hours. Keeps 3 to 4 days.





6 comments:

Brunette bombshell said...

I love the stuff you buy from the store. the "Krab Salad" is what I am snacking on right now!

Anonymous said...

I think the recipe above is missing pepper or some kind of spice. I like to use cayenne pepper. Sometimes these types of salads are garnished with parsley and paprika. Love neptune salad!

Jannett said...

brunette bombshell....I love this salad.

anonymous....great additions.

thanks for the comments

Anonymous said...

I would add about 1/4 tsp. of celery seed to give it a little zip; plus I prefer to use Miracle Whip instead of real mayonaise because of the vast difference in calories, but also because it adds a nice sweet pickle sort of zip too.

Anonymous said...

I made this Neptune Salad and have to tell you, this is excellent, and way better than getting at the Deli Dept.

Jannett said...

anonymous....any additions will be great...adjust to ones tastes...


anonymous....I am glad you enjoyed the recipe....

Thanks for the comments... :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails