Monday, March 21, 2011

Morning Glory Muffins


This recipe comes from Muffin Mania Cookbook by Cathy Prange and Joan Pauli. I really like this book I have made many recipes from it over the years. The one I linked to is a different cover than mine which is from the 1980's but it appears to be the same book. I would recommend to buy this cookbook.

Morning Glory Muffins

Ingredients:

2 cups unbleached flour
1 1/4 cups white sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt

2 cups grated carrot
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup toasted nuts of choice
1/2 cup coconut
1 apple, peeled, cored and grated

3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350ยบ.

In large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
Whisk together.

In medium size bowl combine:

carrots, raisins, nuts, coconut and apple.
Stir to combine.
Stir into flour mixture.

In small bowl combine eggs, oil and vanilla.
Whisk together.
Add to flour and fruit mixture and combine until just mixed together.

Spoon into prepared muffin tin evenly.

Bake for 20 minutes.
Makes 14 large muffins.

13 comments:

Rosanne said...

I have that book too, its great! love these muffins!

Jannett said...

Rosanne... it is a great cookbook..and yes these muffins are the best.. ;o)

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Southern California

I am your newest follower.
I invite you to visit my blog and follow me.

God Bless You :-)

Rosemary said...

Great looking muffins...

Savannah, Acts of Sweetness Ambassador said...

Those muffins look delicious! A great start to the morning.

I just thought I'd let you and your readers know about a contest that Redpath Sugar is having -- we're looking for amazing pie recipes! And you can have your pie made and sold at The Canadian Pie Company!

Check out the details here: http://www.facebook.com/redpathsugar

All the best!
Savannah

Kim said...

Great blog; happy I found you!

this looks great and must be so yummy!

Jannett said...

Ron...I am so glad to meet you and welcome to the blog... ;o)

rosemary...thanks for the comment

savannah..it is a great start to any day.

Kim.. Nice to meet you. Welcome to the blog.. ;o)

Samantha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

this looks like the perfect morning muffin. the ingredients remind me of carrot cake which is a favorite of mine. I will have to give these beauties a try.

Lisa said...

Mmm, these sound like some really healthy muffins that would still taste super delicious. I hope you'll come by and link them up to Sweets for a Saturday #10. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweets-for-saturday-10.html

Carla said...

Hi!! I love your blog. There is much creativity and love what you do.

Katy ~ said...

Morning glory muffins have to be my all time favorite muffin; I mean, we are talking true love here. Now that I see these, I am going to have to make them again soon!! YUMMMMMMM!!!!

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

I've been looking for a morning glory muffin FOREVER. Thanx for sharing. I'm definitely bookmarking it.

P.S. I too reside in Ontario. Do pop over to my blog and say hello.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails