Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ranger Cookies

On Cookie Madness blog I saw this posting and thought it was interesting. You can read the write up about these cookies on Anna's blog. I have not put Corn Flakes into cookies before. The cookies were good, great for dunking in coffee or milk. They are a very crisp cookie. I had frozen about 1/2 the batter from this batch. When I took it out to bake them I decided to add about 1/4 to 1/2 cup butter to the batter. This made the cookies much better. More like the saucer cookie Anna had described.

Ranger Cookies

Ingredients:

2 cups unbleached flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup room temperature butter ( I think next time I would add another 1/2 cup)
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 eggs, well beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups large flake oatmeal
2 cups corn flakes
1/2 cup coconut (called for toasted, I did not toast it)
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips (used 2 cups)
1/2 cup toasted pecans

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350ยบ

In small bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda with a whisk; set aside.
In your mixer bowl add butter and both sugars, cream this until light and creamy.
Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined

Add flour mixture and combine until just combined.
Take your bowl off mixer and then stir in oats, cornflakes, coconut, chcoolate chips and nuts by hand.

Use large cookie scoop and roll into balls.
Place on lined cookie sheet, leaving about 3" space around cookies and flatten with palm of hand or you could use a sugared fork to flatten.

Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden.



5 comments:

Dan said...

I didn't know they are called ranger cookies. They were very good but a little too sweet. I think I would cut the white sugar in half.

Rosemary said...

Cute name, they look good!

Jannett said...

Dan.....that is an idea...will try that if I make them again...

Rosemary...they were not bad...thanks for the comment... :)

Rosanne said...

They do look good!

Jannett said...

Rosanne...they were good... Thanks for the comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails